Sunday, December 25, 2016

"Bueller"

The cold germ epidemic striking Europe was brought home with my recent travel back across the Channel. A sniffly nose and chesty cough, the type of which we haven't witnessed in Havran Cottage for more than a year or two. My antidote to chop the daily wood on Christmas Eve was probably not the brightest idea as I felt the groggy-ness worsen. But Christmas means Christmas and so the evening food slog had to be respected and enjoyed despite any ills. And nothing feels better than hearing a hot burning stove's crackling wood, with a candle for light and warmth and the annual viewing of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this really caught my attention and made me imagine it.. the apart about a hot burning stove and crackling wood. I pray that this epidemic goes away though..

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2079083?guests=1&s=TJUe